Living a stone’s throw from the Laura Moore Cunningham arboretum, we enjoy frequent off-lead romps with Willa. On a recent occasion, we saw our big girl—from a distance—preparing to stop, drop, and roll—not because her britches were on fire, but because she was getting ready for a liberal application of eau de skunk from the famous fragrance design house, Mother Nature:
- Base notes: putrid, sulfur
- Middle notes: lingering, burning rubber
- Top notes: bitter, rotten eggs
We bolted and reached her in the nick of time, preventing what would have been an extremely smelly event. As it turns out, skunk urine is an eco-friendly deer repellent that keeps them from munching on the trees in the arboretum.
I use a “repellent” too. A long time ago I discovered that positivity repels negativity. No need to roll in it, a little goes a long way. Positivity is a warm and delightful scent from the famous fragrance design house, Conscious Choice:
- Base notes: happiness, encouragement, joy
- Middle notes: gratitude, serenity, interest, hope
- Top notes: inspiration, awe, loving kindness
What’s your favorite scent?
© Laurie Buchanan